Landing pages and single page websites offer a platform to provide an extremely focused message and encourage a guided action by the website visitor. They are a key part of online marketing campaigns.
Landing pages are ideal for a variety of purposes including:
- Launch of a new product
- Having a product sale
- To encourage registration or signup to a newsletter, or for other updates
- To encourage charitable donations
- To encourage click through to another website or web page
- To provide a temporary holding page, or coming soon page
- Any other online marketing campaign
A Landing Page vs. A Website Homepage
Your homepage is designed with multiple purposes in mind. It represents your brand, highlights multiple products & services and is used to assist navigation to other pages around your website. It’s designed to encourage exploration.
Your landing pages are designed to meet the needs of a single objective, which is great for selling a specific product, building an email database, or directing people to an existing website page.
The key to a landing page is to encourage the user to do one thing, and one thing only.